The ADB-Japan Scholarship program aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region. The University of Auckland is one of the participating academic institutions.
The University of Auckland programs covered by this scholarship scheme are limited to the following:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Masters Programmes in Engineering
Location: New Zealand
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees at the University of Auckland.
- Airfare from the scholar’s home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
- The basic cost of living in Auckland.
- Health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
- Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar’s home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member. For a list of current developing member countries visit ADB – Japan Scholarship Programme.
- Have gained admission to an approved master at an approved academic institution.
- Have a bachelors degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- Have at least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Be proficient in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Be under 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to your home country after completing the program.
Eligible Regions: ADB Countries.
- Apply for admission online as an international applicant for one of the eligible programs.
- Only after you have gained admission to an eligible postgraduate program listed above for the 2018 intake and received an Official Offer of Place from the University of Auckland can you apply for the scholarship. Thus, you must first apply for admission ONLINE as an international applicant for one of the eligible programs.
- To apply for the scholarship, you will need to complete and submit the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship application form and either post or courier with all required documents to the University. Applications for 2018 intake will close on 19 July 2019.
Application Deadline: July 19, 2019
Interested applicants should click here to apply